It looks like the vmClient has a competitor. Boomerang is a simple client application that makes it easy to use multiple vSphere servers simultaneously. Users can easily perform tasks like power operations on the virtual machine or connect to it using the VMware Remote Console (VMRC), which is provided with vSphere Client.
- Supports connecting to multiple ESX and VC servers simultaneously.
- Allows you to save your credentials for easy login to servers.
- Favorites pane enables easy browsing through multiple virtual machines on different servers.
- Simple user interface gives you quick access to connecting to a virtual machine or issuing power operations.
- Keyboard navigation allows you to type the name of the virtual machine you want to use or to use directional keys to navigate.
- Configurable automatic update checking.
- Servers with large numbers of virtual machines are automatically collapsed into hyperlinks, which you can click to view subsets of the inventory or the entire thing.
For View desktops, you are able to choose between the RDP or PCoIP protocol and launch a remote desktop. Once you have launched a desktop, you will have a fully functional remote desktop experience that matches the existing Windows View Client.
Be one of the first one to try, rate and comment - http://labs.vmware.com/flings/boomerang