The overall objective of this course is to provide students a strong understanding of VMware virtual machine features in vSphere 5.1. By the end of this course, the students should be able to do the following:
- Describe virtualization, virtual machines, and vSphere components.
- Describe the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization.
- Deploy, configure, and manage, and virtual machines.
- Use vCenter Server to monitor virtual machine resource usage.
- Use VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® to migrate virtual machines.
- Secure virtual machines.
- Troubleshoot problems with virtual machine configuration.
Operators responsible for vSphere ESXi and vCenter Server management. The datasheet can be found here: VMware vSphere: Skills for Operators [V5.1]