This course focuses on the organization administrator’s role in VMware vCloud Director in managing cloud resources. This course provides hands-on training for operators who are charged with administering their corporate resources in a public cloud or a private cloud.
This course assumes that a vCloud Director organization administrator is technically proficient in working at a department or customer level to support cloud operations. The vCloud Director organization administrator is responsible for assisting coworkers in the daily management and use of cloud resources provided to the organization from the vCloud Director cloud provider.
After completing this course, you should possess the knowledge and skills needed to manage a vCloud Director organization on a daily basis in the role of the vCloud Director organization administrator. By the end of this course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Manage organization virtual datacenter (vDC) networks
- Create and manage VMware vSphere® vApp™ networks
- Manage organization vDCs
- Use organization allocation models
- Manage organization quotas, limits, and policies
- Manage organization configuration settings
- Manage organization catalogs and media
- Manage organization groups and users
- Create and manage vApps and vApp templates
- Create and manage vApp virtual machines
- Use organization logs to manage tasks and events