Tuesday, July 15. 2014
Monday, July 14. 2014
VMware vCenter Operations Management Packs extend the capabilities of vCenter Operations Management Suite to third- party products and technologies to enable end-to-end operations intelligence with data visualizations, dashboards, reports, alerts, and actions.
An Operations Management Pack can also be delivered in the form of an agent plugin, content pack or compliance pack. vCenter Operations Management Packs extend the power of vCenter Operations Management Suite to hybrid and heterogeneous environments, providing comprehensive visibility in a single operations console across applications, storage and network devices.
VMware vCenter Operations Management Packs
Friday, July 11. 2014
Kindle Edition of Essential Virtual SAN (VSAN): Administrator's Guide to Vmware Virtual SAN available for download NOW!
- Understanding the key goals and concepts of Software-Defined Storage and Virtual SAN technology
- Meeting physical and virtual requirements for safe Virtual SAN implementation
- Installing and configuring Virtual SAN for your unique environment
- Using Storage Policy Based Management to control availability, performance, and reliability
- Simplifying deployment with VM Storage Policies
- Discovering key Virtual SAN architectural details: caching I/O, VASA, witnesses, pass-through RAID, and more
- Ensuring efficient day-to-day Virtual SAN management and maintenance
- Interoperating with other VMware features and products
- Designing and sizing Virtual SAN clusters
- Troubleshooting, monitoring, and performance optimization
Thursday, July 10. 2014
- Describe the features, benefits, components, and integration of vCenter Orchestrator and vCloud Automation Center
- Use the vCenter Orchestrator client to access and navigate the vCenter Orchestrator platform and to import and run vCenter Orchestrator library workflows
- Explain the role of vCenter Orchestrator workflows and vCenter Orchestrator content elements in automation
- Use the vCloud Automation Center plug-in integrate vCenter Orchestrator with vCloud Automation Center and link vCloud Automation Center to vCenter Orchestrator as an endpoint
- Design, develop, and run custom reusable vCenter Orchestrator workflows
- Use the VMware vSphere® API in vCenter Orchestrator workflow scripts
- Explain the vCloud Automation Center master workflow model
- Integrate vCenter Orchestrator workflows with external systems using the vCloud Automation Center Advanced Service Designer and build automation solutions
- Identify the strategy to integrate vCenter Orchestrator workflows with external systems and explain how to find and use vCenter Orchestrator plug-ins
- Explain how to export, package, and apply version control to vCenter Orchestration workflows
- Install a basic vCenter Orchestrator environment and implement high availability for vCenter Orchestrator
- Log Insight v2.0 Overview: This module provides an overview of Log Insight, including use cases and architecture.
- Log Insight v2.0 Installation and Configuration: This module provides information the installation and configuration of Log Insight, including installation and configuration of the Windows Agent.
- Log Insight v2.0 Analysis: This module provides information about how to use Log Insight for log analysis, including new tools available in version 2.0.
Wednesday, July 9. 2014
Installing and Configuring View Agent Direct-Connection Plug-In for VMware Horizon with View: Step-by-Step Guide
It is intended for use in specific View deployments that work without a full View Connection Server available. There are no changes required to Horizon Clients or the View Agent for this to work. All currently supported Horizon Clients from VMware and from third-party vendors are supported with View Agent Direct-Connection Plugin.
The virtual desktop can be joined to an Active Directory domain, but it can also operate without Active Directory if required and users can log in with local desktop credentials instead. Figure 1 shows the deployment
Thursday, July 3. 2014
Since the HTTP protocol is very popular and widespread, REST API is platform-agnostic and can be used with practically any programming language. This document will help you get familiar with the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager RESTful API. The document includes the following sections:
- Concepts and Principles highlights key features of REST API as applicable to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- Getting Started describes Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager RESTful API specifications, provides a generalized RESTful workflow to help you quickly start with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager RESTful API and an example of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager RESTful API use.
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager RESTful API Reference provides a complete reference for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager RESTful API resources and operations you can perform with them.
- Sample Scenarios offers a set of examples of use for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager RESTful API.
This vCO package created by Dan Linsley aims to include workflows to Create/Remove/Update/Delete vCAC custom properties on more than just VirtualMachine objects. It is dependent on the vCAC IaaS Plugin for vCO. So far it has workflows for manipulating properties on Build Profiles, Management Endpoints, Property Sets, Property Dictionary Definitions/Attributes and Business Group (vCAC 6.x) / Provisioning Group (vCAC 5.x).
Updated Added Workflows:
- Build Profiles\Delete Many Build Profiles
- Business Groups\Copy Business Group Properties
- Property Dictionary\Copy Property Definition
- Endpoints\Copy Endpoint Properties
- Endpoints\Create / Update Property on Endpoint
- Endpoints\Delete Property from Endpoint
- Endpoints\Export Endpoint Properties as Property Set XML
- Endpoints\Import Endpoint Properties From Property Set XML
- Added description output to workflows:
- Build Profiles\Get Build Profile Entity
- Build Profiles\Export Build Profile as Property Set XML
- Added attributeNames and controlTypeName outputs to workflow:
- Property Dictionary\Get Property Definition Entity
Wednesday, July 2. 2014
Tuesday, July 1. 2014
Program information will be updated on this page once public beta software is available to test. Please check back periodically for updates.
VMware vSphere Beta 2 is now available!
Sunday, June 29. 2014
Moving forward this lab will be the base lab for VMworld including other modules such as Virtual SAN integration, troubleshooting, and much more!
Wednesday, June 25. 2014
This session covers the core architecture principles to design a centralized image management solution for physical, virtual, and BYO devices. We'll review design methodology, sizing and scalability, and integration with Horizon.
VMware Mirage provides unified image management for physical desktops, virtual desktops and BYOD