This five-day course equips experienced VMware vSphere administrators with the knowledge to use the automation tools that all vSphere customers have access to.
Using real-world use cases and examples, students learn how to automate day-to-day administration tasks with VMware vSphere PowerCLI and VMware vRealize Orchestrator. In this class, you use these tools to automate tasks in a lab environment.
- vSphere PowerCLI 6.0
- vRealize Orchestrator 7.0
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the features and benefits of automation in a vSphere environment
- Understand the role of the vSphere Web services API in automation
- Use the Managed Object Browser to view the structure of the vSphere Web services API and the VMware vCenter Server™ inventory
- Use vSphere PowerCLI to deploy and manage virtual machines and virtual infrastructure
- Run and manage vRealize Orchestrator workflows from the library
- Design, develop, and run custom, reusable vRealize Orchestrator workflows
- Select the appropriate tool for automating tasks in vCenter Server