Tuesday, September 9. 2014
Monday, September 8. 2014
- Listing NSX objects by list
- Have specific properties for the objects, for example a members list for a security group
- Having specific operations such as the included Data Security scan
- Having specific objects supported in the inventory such as the Services
- Having the plug-in working on vCAC 6.0 / vCO 5.5 U1
- Having the plug-in on a stand alone vCO server
- Some OOTB workflows with plug-in objects as inputs / outputs to use with vCAC
Now, there's a comprehensive best practice guide reflecting deep understanding of both Oracle and vSphere, and supported by extensive in-the-field experience with the full spectrum of applications and environments.
It focuses on current versions of Oracle and vSphere, while highlighting differences in esx3.5, 4.x and 5.x where relevant. Both a detailed reference and a practical cookbook, it provides reliable answers for:
- Anticipating issues associated with virtualizing Oracle databases on vSphere
- Architecting, deploying, and operating virtualized Oracle databases
- Virtualizing high database workloads
- Achieving planned and unplanned high availability
- Characterizing workloads and sizing systems
- Understanding Oracle VMware licensingManaging, monitoring, and optimizing performance
- Provisioning and automation
- Backup, recovery, and business continuity
- Utilizing official support mechanisms, and more
Are you embracing an Active-Active data center strategy for continuous availability of your apps but also want an easy way to manage planned and unplanned failure events ? Have you ever wondered why you couldn't use SRM in a Stretched Cluster deployment ? In future, you will no longer have to choose between SRM or Stretched Clusters. We will preview a new hybrid model where you can benefit from the key capabilities of both solutions.
EVO: RAIL Deployment, Configuration, and Management streamlines initial setup and ongoing operations including updates with zero downtime and automatic scale-out. EVO: RAIL is fully deployed in minutes, once racked, cabled and powered on.
Availability of resources and workload is critical for any environment, but even more so in a hyper-converged environment as compute, networking, storage, and management are provided on the same platform.
Download the VMware EVO: RAIL - User Guide
Sunday, September 7. 2014
Virtual Volumes (VVols) is VMware's new storage paradigm for external SAN/NAS storage arrays. In this session, we will walk you through key technical concepts of Virtual Volumes, in depth. We will also compare in detail some of the existing features in VMFS/NFS with VVols. In addition, You will also get an overview of some of our partner solutions and their approach with VVols.
Saturday, September 6. 2014
- Show parent virtual machines of linked clone desktop pools and descendant snapshots in a tree view. The snapshots not in use by linked clone pools are marked in grey, so that View administrator can remove the snapshots not in use.
- Show statistics for operation systems and versions of View clients in different types of view styles.
- Show virtual desktop connections by desktop pools, and show virtual application connections by RDS (Remote Desktop Service) Farms.
Download the View Auditing Portal
Wednesday, September 3. 2014
VMware Fusion 7 Pro has been updated for OS X Yosemite. Visual changes include a new flatter application icon, changes to include translucent elements, and Yosemite style full-screen behavior. VMware Fusion Pro includes the latest virtual hardware revision with support for:
- Advanced Haswell processor features, including AVX2 inside a virtual machine
- A new virtual webcam, making it easier than ever to use your webcam with Windows applications
- An updated, virtual USB controller with support for XHCI 1.0
- A new approach to video memory that enables the VRAM limit to be specified per virtual machine
- The amount of VRAM configured is not limited by the VRAM available to the host.
- The ability to specify a preference for the integrated or discrete GPU
- On recent Mac Book Pros that contain both GPUs, this can result in increased battery life for lightly used virtual machines.
- VMware Fusion Pro is more efficient than ever with wake-ups reduced by over 60% for lightly used virtual machines.
- OS X Yosemite can now be used inside a virtual machine.
- VMware Fusion Pro now shows the status of each virtual machine in the library list view. This is particularly useful for power-users working with many virtual machines.
- Improved support for Retina displays, including changes to Unity mode and the ability to control how Fusion scales when moving between Retina-class and standard density displays.
- Direct sounds from virtual machines to a specific audio device on your Mac.
- Per-virtual machine shortcut keys make jumping quickly between operating systems a breeze.
- Improved support for Ubuntu 14.xx etc < New Linuxes here.
- Remote display, keyboard, and mouse control
- Ability to select media for CD, DVD, floppy devices, including files on your Mac
- Ability to power virtual machines on and off and configure the network they connect to
- Ability to move virtual machines from your Mac to a remote location by dragging and dropping
- Ability to move virtual machines from a remote location to your Mac by dragging and dropping
- See the state of your remote server with at-a-glance health summary based on Activity Monitor
In addition, Virtual SAN supports VMware features that require shared storage such as high availability (HA), vMotion, and distributed resource scheduling (DRS) for failover. More information on Virtual SAN can be obtained from the Virtual SAN Design and Sizing Guide.
This paper demonstrates the performance of Microsoft SQL Server with VMware Virtual SAN on VMware vSphere 5.5. This paper focuses on one of the key aspects in Virtual SAN performance, namely workload scale-out of a widely-used transactional database benchmark, DVD Store.
Sunday, August 31. 2014
The VMworld TV crew is back at the biggest and best VMworld to date! Join Jeremy and Eric for daily updates, news, interviews and general awesomeness as they endeavour to bring you everything this amazing convention has to offer.