I’ve created a YouTube playlist with 32 newly released VMworld 2014 sessions.
Dinsdag, 21 juli 2015
VMware vSphere 6 continues to enhance the performance features and capabilities of the vSphere platform, making it the most robust and highest-performing cloud platform.
vSphere 6 supports larger virtual machines and physical hosts to accommodate even the most demanding workloads. It also introduces several new features that reduce latency and increase throughput for network, storage, and compute.
This paper first looks at the improvements made to VMware vCenter Server, then to the core platform, storage and network. vSphere 6.0 contains many performance improvements across the areas of management, compute, core platform, and network.
Some of these improvements include:
- vSphere Web Client performance and usability.
- vCenter Server management of very large deployments and operational throughput improved for small, medium, and large inventories.
- Scaling up (more virtual CPU) and out (more VMs per host) higher than ever before.
- Infrastructure improvements like the way nodes are arranged in vNUMA when memory is hot-added
- Graphics improvements leveraged by Horizon.
- Storage stack optimizations, which allow greater IOPS per second. Virtual Volumes are new, adding flexibility and elasticity to storage, and Virtual SAN performance is improved.
- Networking enhancements like Network I/O Control with reservations, dense mode for clusters like Webfarms, VMXNET3 support for LRO, and line rate for a vNIC with a 40GbE physical NIC.
Zondag, 19 juli 2015
VMware education has released three new training courses, which are still in beta right now. There is some limited availability to attend these new beta courses. Please follow the link if you’re interested.
VMware Cloud Automation: Design and Deploy Fast Track [V6.0]
This training course focuses on designing and deploying an enterprise cloud by using a distributed architecture deployment of VMware vRealize Automation.
The lecture and labs concentrate on designing an enterprise cloud architecture and the effective implementation of a vRealize Automation distributed deployment according to VMware recommended best practices.
VMware vSphere: Design and Deploy Fast Track [V6]
This extended-hours training course equips you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to design and deploy a VMware vSphere® 6.0 virtual infrastructure. You follow a proven approach to design and deploy a virtualization solution that is available, scalable, manageable, and secure.
This course discusses the benefits and risks of available design alternatives and provides information to support making sound design decisions.
In this course, you practice your design skills by working with peers on a design project. You also deploy components of a completed vSphere design.
VMware Virtual SAN: Deploy and Manage [V6]
VMware Virtual SAN 6: Deploy and Manage focuses on preparing you to deploy and manage software-defined storage with VMware Virtual SAN 6. This course explores how Virtual SAN is used as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center.
You gain practical experience through the completion of hands-on labs. The course is based on VMware ESXi 6, VMware vCenter Server 6, and Virtual SAN 6.