VMware App Volumes is a real-time application delivery system that enables Enterprise IT to instantly deliver applications with complete application lifecycle management. VMware App Volumes provides seamless end-user experience while reducing infrastructure and management costs.
What's New in Release 2.10?
- Windows 10 Support: Classic Windows 10 applications can be delivered through AppStacks to Windows 10 virtual desktops. End-users can install classic Windows applications on Writable Volumes when they are logged in to Windows 10 virtual desktops. Installation of universal applications is not supported on AppStacks and Writable Volumes. App Store applications are not supported.
- Enabling vMotion: The AVM_PROTECT_VOLUMES="1" environment variable can be set on the App Volumes Manager to enable vMotion and to provide protection against accidental deletion of volumes when all ESX hosts are of version 6.0 Update 1 and 5.5 Update 4. vMotion of Storage is not supported.
- vSphere 6 Update 1 support: This release of App Volumes includes support for vSphere 6 Update 1.
- Horizon 6.2 support: This release of App Volumes supports Horizon 6.2.
- Storage Group management: An option to mark a storage as Not Attachable is now available. App Volumes Manager will ignore this storage while mounting volumes.
- Expand existing writable volumes: Size of an existing writable volume can be expanded through the App Volumes Manager. This change will take effect after the next user login.
- App Volumes templates: All App Volumes templates are now created with the volume attribute set to NODEFAULTDRIVELETTER to ensure they are not automatically assigned a letter by the Windows MountVol utility.