Monday, March 2. 2015
The Free LoadMaster is also great for existing KEMP customers who wish to replicate their production environment for UAT purposes. While there are some limiting differences between the Free LoadMaster and commercial versions, this community supported, lower performance model provides all of the same core functionality that is included in our commercial LoadMasters.
The Free LoadMaster Includes:
- Layer 4/7 load balancing
- Content switching
- Caching, compression engine
- MS Exchange 2010/2013 optimized
- Pre-configured virtual service templates
- IPS engine
- High Availability
- Edge Security Pack (ESP) – a Microsoft TMG replacement
- GSLB multi-site load balancing
- RESTful API
The Fling migrates the vCenter database, roles, permissions, privileges, certificates and inventory service. The target appliance will run at the same IP address as the source vCenter.
Download the VCS to VCVA Converter
VMware’s approach to product and information security addresses potential vulnerabilities within areas such as:
- Software product development
- Software supply chain
- Technology partnerships and ecosystems
No previous knowledge of Orchestrator is required, although some previous knowledge of it will allow you to get started more easily.
- Install, configure, and optimize Orchestrator installations (Windows, Appliance as well as vRA integrated)
- Explore all the visual programming elements without the need for additional infrastructure
- Work with plugins such as SSH, mail, SQL, PowerShell, AD, SOAP, SNMP, AMQP, and REST
- Discover how to create VMware automation
- Get to grips with user management, synchronization, and packaging applications
- Understand policies and resources
- Work more efficiently with distributed Orchestrator environments
A full introduction to using the visual programming tools without needing any additional infrastructure is aimed at beginners with limited resources.
This is followed by an extensive look at how to integrate the base plugins into your workflows, such as e-mail, AMQP, SNMP, and so on. We will also look at how to use the Orchestrator API to trigger workflows from other programs.
Through this book you will be able to get the most out of your Orchestrator installation, and develop complex workflows and create your own highly integrated automations of vCenter, vCloud, and vRealize environments.
Thursday, February 26. 2015
- Monitor VMware snapshots across VMware vCenter systems and report your efforts saving space.
- Track snapshots, find invalid snapshots - leverage the powerful grid to handle hundreds of snapshots smooth and simple.
- Free precious disk space wasted by fixing broken, old and invalid snapshots with a click.
Tuesday, February 24. 2015
- vCenter Server Install - This series provides to instructions on installing various vCenter 6.0 components.
- vCenter Server Upgrades - Seamlessly upgrade from from vCenter Server and vCenter Server 5.x versions to version 6.0 with these walkthroughs.
- vSphere Data Protection - With this set of walkthroughs, learn how to perform vital activities that vSphere Data Protection 6.0 enables you to carry out.
- vSphere Replication - With these walkthroughs, learn how configure replication and recover a virtual machine.
Friday, February 20. 2015
This guide introduces you to navigation of the user interface and understanding alerts and events, as well as correct setup of the tool. Specific use cases illustrate how to troubleshoot problems in a View environment, and lab exercises offer guided practice.
This white paper describes how to maximize the use of your vRealize Operations for Horizon monitoring solution and includes use-case scenarios and lab exercises.
The wide choice of application-delivery options allows customization for a variety of use cases. This paper gives details on the benefits and use cases for each application-delivery option, along with explanations of how to deliver those applications on each application-delivery platform in Horizon.
Technical white paper: Application-Delivery Options in VMware Horizon 6.0
Wednesday, February 18. 2015
- PDF annotation currently only available on iPad.
- Saving as stencil feature currently only available on iPad.
- Push-to-talk and chat feature currently on available on iPad.
- Real-time, Collaborative, with easy-to-use drawing interface.
- Internet based services for collaborating, sharing, storing, viewing with drawing capabilities.
- A variety of drawing tools.
- Instant snapshots, storing and retrieval any stage of your drawing, all on-demand.
- All data (diagrams, chat history, snapshots) of meeting session are persistently stored. Your meetings can be stopped and restarted at any time.
- SSL connectivities, Password protected, Encrypted storage.
- No registration, No sign-up required.
- Collaborate with the BaiBoard iPad version.
Thursday, February 12. 2015
vSphere Replication is a proprietary replication engine developed by VMware that is included with VMware vSphere Essentials Plus Kit and higher editions of VMware vSphere, VMware vSphere with Operations Management editions, and VMware vCloud Suite editions.
Technical Overview - VMware vSphere Replication 6.0
vSphere Data Protection includes the capability to properly protect mission-critical applications via agents. Backup data can be securely and efficiently replicated to other vSphere Data Protection appliances within the same site and offsite for redundancy and disaster recovery purposes.
vSphere Data Protection can be integrated with EMC Data Domain. Deployment is quick and simple. Administration is easily performed using VMware vSphere Web Client.
Technical Overview - VMware vSphere Data Protection 6.0