This course highlights the new features and enhancements in vSphere 6.5. It also presents use cases that describe how the new features align with customer needs.
This course begins by discussing VMware vCenter and VMware vSphere administration. To simplify what’s new in vSphere 6.5, we can break the advancements down into three primary categories under vSphere and vCenter server administration.
- First, we have dramatically simplified the administrator’s experience which makes IT more efficient than ever before.
- Second, we have added comprehensive built-in security into vSphere 6.5 to secure your entire data center.
- And the third is that it provides a universal application platform giving you the ability to run any application, anywhere.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the important functional and architectural changes in vSphere 6.5
- Identify high-level capabilities that arise from the functional changes
- Identify new use cases that are now feasible with vSphere 6.5
- Outline the new features in related software-defined data center products that are now enabled with vSphere 6.5 enhancements