If you are a virtualization professional who wants to unleash the power of automation and combat the complexity of sprawling virtual environments, this book is ideal for you. This book will enhance your skills of administering VMware vSphere and vCloud Director with PowerCLI.
- Configure and administer VMware ESXi hosts, clusters, and vCenter
- Manage virtual machine configurations and operations
- Administer datastores, datastore clusters, and virtual machine snapshots
- Create and configure virtual networking in a vSphere environment
- Manage cluster features and affinity groups
- Make custom reports and notifications from vSphere
- Direct operations in vCloud Director
PowerCLI allows faster administration by executing tasks on groups of objects in the virtual environment and is flexible enough to allow complex, scripted routines to solve complex problems.
PowerCLI Cookbook illustrates the ease of performing repetitive tasks using native PowerCLI commands to speed up administration. This book teaches you how to create custom functions and modules to solve specific problems and deploy these solutions to operators. It covers all vSphere administration areas including host, cluster, and virtual machine management utilizing PowerCLI.
Finally, this book will enable administrators to execute scripts that will open new possibilities for automation and also enable them to manage VM workloads effectively.