Wednesday, April 23. 2014
Explore the technology in depth with a series of detailed, multi-step quests. Master topics such as accessing the Puppet Enterprise console, writing and using Puppet modules, and delving into Puppet resources, manifests, facts and more.
The Learning VM comes with Puppet Enterprise pre-installed to help you familiarize yourself with its features and capabilities. To evaluate Puppet Enterprise in your existing infrastructure, download it now — and use it for free on up to 10 nodes.
Download the Learning VM
Wednesday, April 16. 2014
It can be run from any Windows based system and it collects and sends the alerts via email (SMTP) to users that are specified during the configuration process.
It allows aggregation of alerts across multiple Horizon View Pods and for near real-time alerting of Horizon View alerts that are otherwise very difficult to be notified on.
Thursday, March 27. 2014
VMware vCenter Log Insight delivers the best real-time log management for VMware environments, with machine learning-based Intelligent Grouping and high performance search, enabling faster troubleshooting and better operational across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. It can analyze terabytes of logs, discover structure in unstructured data, and deliver enterprise-wide visibility via a modern web interface.
What's New in Log Insight 2.0 Beta
- Scale-Out with High Availability
- 5x-10x throughput improvement in Cluster mode
- Single UI to query all the data
- Proactive Analytics
- Machine learning enabled summarization of event types & schema recognition
- Smart fields to aid in extraction
- Super-Powered Dashboards
- Easily add new data filters on the fly
- Interact between dashboard widgets
- RESTful API for log ingestion
- Improved self-monitoring tools
- Windows collection agent
- Forwards Windows event logs
- Monitors & forwards flat log files
- Centralized reporting & management
VMware vCenter Log Insight Getting Started Guide
Wednesday, March 19. 2014
Use the free Veeam Stencils for Microsoft Visio to create detailed diagrams in reports and gain valuable business insights, improve business process efficiency and customer experience as well as workflow and monitoring capabilities.
Veeam Stencils contains:
- ESX and Hyper-V hosts
- Local storage, shared storage
- VMs with status sign
Monday, March 10. 2014
VMware vCenter Support Assistant is available as a VA (virtual appliance). You need vCenter Server 5.1 or above, to install vCenter Support Assistant. vCenter Support Assistant can generate support bundles from ESX/ESXi 5.0, 5.1 and 5.5 hosts, and vCenter Server 5.1 and 5.5.
Sunday, February 23. 2014
Interacting with all versions of VirtualCenter and ESX Server RVTools is able to list information about VMs, CPU, Memory, Disks, Partitions, Network, Floppy drives, CD drives, Snapshots, VMware tools, Resource pools, Clusters, ESX hosts, HBAs, Nics, Switches, Ports, Distributed Switches, Distributed Ports, Service consoles, VM Kernels, Datastores, Multipath info and health checks.
With RVTools you can disconnect the cd-rom or floppy drives from the virtual machines and RVTools is able to update the VMware Tools installed inside each virtual machine to the latest version.
Version 3.6 (February, 2014)
- New tabpage with cluster information
- New tabpage with multipath information
- On vInfo tabpage new fields HA Isolation response and HA restart priority
- On vInfo tabpage new fields Cluster affinity rule information
- On vInfo tabpage new fields connection state and suspend time
- On vInfo tabpage new field The vSphere HA protection state for a virtual machine (DAS Protection)
- On vInfo tabpage new field quest state.
- On vCPU tabpage new fields Hot Add and Hot Remove information
- On vCPU tabpage cpu/socket/cores information adapted
- On vHost tabpage new fields VMotion support and storage VMotion support
- On vMemory tabpage new field Hot Add
- On vNetwork tabpage new field VM folder.
- On vSC_VMK tabpage new field MTU
- RVToolsSendMail: you can now also set the mail subject
- Fixed a datastore bug for ESX version 3.5
- Fixed a vmFolder bug when started from the commandline
- Improved documentation for the commandline options
Friday, February 14. 2014
Thursday, December 12. 2013
This application verifies the correct installation and operation of the View Horizon Real-Time Audio-Video functionality. It provides a player that displays the “virtual webcam” feed, and also loops back the audio if required.
This allows for testing without a third party app (which often requires user accounts such as Skype, WebEx, etc.).
The application can also perform load testing by forcing the video and audio stream to continuously run again, without a third party app dropping the call after a period of time.
- Displays webcam images at 1:1 resolution
- Automatically starts streaming images when launched (and audio will be looped back if selected)
- Ability to loop the audio-in back to audio-out
- No need to create user accounts to see RTAV
- Supports the VMware Virtual Webcam and Physical Webcams
Wednesday, December 4. 2013
This turns vCO-CLI into a powerful educational and experimentation tool. Access to the plug-in’s inventory is integrated into the UI for easy navigation to managed entities (vCenter objects, LDAP entries, remote systems, HTTP endpoints, etc). For advanced users, vCO-CLI can improve productivity considerably by minimizing the turnaround time between designing and running a workflow.
It can also display a REPL right in the middle of a workflow. This powerful technique, similar to a breakpoint, allows the workflow developer to troubleshoot and fix bugs faster.
Thursday, November 21. 2013
- 64-bit Applications and Windows 8.1 Support – 64-bit applications can now be virtualized with ThinApp and VMware has recently added Windows 8.1 as a supported operating system.
- Optimized Architecture – ThinApp now combines an agentless architecture with the ability to leverage in-line hooking with NTDLL.DLL for optimized application compatibility and performance.
- AppSense Integration Support – Get full personalization of applications delivered via ThinApp while streamlining profile management.
- Virtualized Internet Explorer 10 Support – Deploy IE 10 as a virtualized package or leverage virtualized plug-ins like JREs within the native IE 10 browser.
- Virtualized Office 2013 – Deploy virtualized Office 2013 to Windows 7 environments as a standard installation or as part of a gradual migration plan to Office 2013.
- Improved ThinDirect Management – ThinDirect policies can now be managed and deployed using GPO’s with the improved ADM and ADMX templates to support the complex browser virtualization needs of our customers.
Thursday, October 24. 2013
- Convert physical machines running Windows or Linux operating systems to VMware virtual machines quickly and without any disruption or downtime.
- Convert third-party image or virtual machine formats such as Parallels Desktop, Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery, Norton Ghost, Acronis, StorageCraft, Microsoft Virtual Server or Virtual PC, and Microsoft Hyper-V Server virtual machines to VMware virtual machines.
- Enable centralized management of remote conversions of multiple physical servers or virtual machines simultaneously.
- Ensure conversion reliability through quiesced snapshots of the guest operating system on the source machine before data migration.
- Enable non-disruptive conversions through hot cloning, with no source server downtime or reboot.
- Support for virtual machine hardware version 10 (62TB disks, virtual SATA controllers, etc.)
- Support for RedHat KVM virtual machines as a source
- A new option for selecting the network adapter for the target virtual machine
- Support for additional guest operating systems
- Parallel disk conversions
- Virtual SAN support
Monday, September 30. 2013
It connects through PowerCLI and VIX API to the ESXi Host or vCenter Server and lists all Virtual Machines with running VMware Tools. The files are retrieved and managed by VMware Tools on the Guest Virtual Machine. It will save you time, creating and connecting ISO files or disks to Virtual Machines to transfer files.