- VMware ThinApp Features and Concepts focuses on The App’s features and benefits, the ThinApp architecture, and common use cases.
- Capturing Applications discusses the technical requirements and steps for installing ThinApp and how to use the ThinApp Setup Capture wizard to virtualize applications.
- Deploying and Updating Applications provides an overview of how to test, deploy, and update ThinApp virtual applications.
- Basic Troubleshooting covers common issues that may occur when using ThinApp virtual applications and troubleshooting tools and recommendations.
Tuesday, December 3. 2013
Thursday, November 28. 2013
Manual Duron, Senior Systems Engineer, discusses and demonstrates VMware vCenter Log Insight and the challenges it solves, including changing business needs while focusing on maintaining service levels, efficient "root-cause analysis" for troubleshooting issues, and managing overwhelming amount of machine-generated log data.
Tuesday, November 19. 2013
In Module 1, you will learn how VMware Horizon Workspace works, the key industry challenges it solves, and you are provided with an overview of the Horizon Workspace end user interface and the Administrator Web interface.
In Module 5, you will learn how users can sign in from the Horizon Workspace Web client and install Horizon Workspace on the appropriate devices. In addition, you will learn how users access their Horizon Workspace applications and how they use Horizon Files to manage and share their files and folders.
Monday, November 18. 2013
Saturday, November 9. 2013
VMware has released three new certifications. There's no training course requirement for the new exams although VMware offers a free self-paced eLearning course which is recommended to help you prepare for the VCA exams. Earning VMware Certified Associate (VCA) certification demonstrates your foundational understanding of virtualization technology.
VMware Certified Associate - Cloud (VCA-Cloud)
With the VCA-Cloud certification, you’ll have greater credibility when discussing cloud computing, the business challenges the vCloud Suite is designed to address, and how deploying the vCloud solution addresses those challenges. You'll be able to define cloud computing and provide use case scenarios of how vCloud and cloud computing can take advantage of private and public clouds without changing existing applications and leverage a common management, orchestration, networking, and security model.
To become VCA-Cloud certified you must pass the VCA-Cloud exam (exam code: VCAC510). There is no training requirement, however there is a free, self-paced e-learning class that can help you prepare: VMware Cloud Fundamentals
VMware Certified Associate - Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV)
With the VCA-Data Center Virtualization certification, you'll have greater credibility when discussing data center virtualization, the business challenges that vSphere is designed to address, and how virtualizing the data center with vSphere addresses those challenges. You'll be able to define data center virtualization and provide use case scenarios of how vSphere and data center virtualization can provide cost and operational benefits.
There is no training requirement, however there is a free, self-paced e-learning class that can help you prepare: VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals
VMware Certified Associate - Workforce Mobility (VCA-WM)
With the VCA-Workforce Mobility certification, you’ll have greater credibility when discussing workforce mobility and end-user computing, the business challenges that VMware Horizon Suite is designed to address, and how deploying the Horizon solution addresses those challenges. You will be able to define workforce mobility and provide use case scenarios of how Horizon and workforce mobility can deliver freedom, flexibility, and manageability while connecting people to their data, applications, and desktops.
This free, self-paced eLearning course is recommended to help you prepare for the VCA-WM exam, but is not required: VMware Workforce Mobility Fundamentals
VMware Certified Associate - Network Virtualization (VCA-NV)
With the VCA-Network Virtualization certification, you’ll have greater credibility when discussing network virtualization, the business challenges network virtualization is designed to address, and how deploying the VMware network virtualization solution addresses those challenges. You'll be able to define network virtualization and provide use case scenarios of how network virtualization can enhance the cost and operational benefits of virtualization across your network.
After booking the exam, it will be available for two days. The length of the exam is 90/120 minutes. When you take the exam in 2013, you will get a discount of 50%. The normal price is 95.00, after discount it's only EUR 57.47 (inclusive VAT). The exam can be taken online from home and you may cancel this exam as long as the exam has not been started, and the delivery period has not expired.
There's a special promotion that expires on 31 January, 2014 - As of today, the free VCA exam promotion code for all my students is: VMRT7A0D9F9B
Monday, November 4. 2013
Traffic filtering is the ability to filter packets based on the various parameters of the packet header. This capability is also referred to as access control lists (ACLs), and it is used to provide port-level security. The VDS supports packet classification, based on the following three different types of qualifiers:
- MAC SA and DA qualifiers
- System traffic qualifiers
- vSphere vMotion, vSphere management, vSphere FT, and so on
- IP qualifiers
- Protocol type, IP SA, IP DA, and port number
- Describe how to design and implement SQL Server database on VMware.
- Describe how to design for uptime and performance.
- Discuss how to leverage VMware products and technologies.
- Discuss various SQL Server licensing scenarios.
- Introduction to SQL Server Database Virtualization discusses virtualization trends. This module also covers vSphere performance transparency, customer perceptions, and common objections to virtualization of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Physical Stack Fundamentals discusses Microsoft SQL Server licensing concepts. This module also covers reference architecture of SQL Server database on vSphere. In addition, the module discusses several storage, vSphere host sizing, and networking considerations.
- Virtual Machine Layer Fundamentals discusses how to configure guest Windows OS. This module also discusses various storage presentation options and compares their pros and cons. Finally, this module discusses how to optimally install SQL Server instance.
- SQL Server Database on vSphere Prototype Project discusses project management and team dynamics of the prototype project. This module also details techniques for baselining performance and discusses considerations for selection of a viable workload candidate for virtualization prototye. Finally, this module covers the process by which an organization validates the prototype's performance.
- Beyond the Prototype Implementation discusses two disaster recovery architectures. One with SQL database mirroring and one without SQL database mirroring. This module compares single-instance SQL Server on VMware with MFC-on-vSphere. This module also discusses the logical reference architecture for MFC. This module covers vSphere's security advantages compared to native hardware. Finally, this module reviews some prominent opportunities to apply tooling to optimize every qualitative, operational, and financial aspect of the preproduction lifecycle.
Tuesday, October 29. 2013
This video will show you how to use the pktcap-uw tool in ESXi 5.5. It's an enhanced packet capture and analysis tool that can be used in place of the legacy tcpdump-uw tool. The pktcap-uw tool is included by default in ESXi 5.5.