- Understand the vCloud Automation Center architecture and use case in today’s multivendor cloud environments
- Install and configure vCloud Automation Center 6.0
- Deploy Distributed Execution Managers and agents for vCloud Automation Center connectivity
- Create endpoints to support compute fabric connectivity
- Manage vCloud Automation Center 6.0 entities on VMware, third-party hardware, and cloud infrastructures
- Configure vCloud Automation Center infrastructure services
- Configure and manage tenants and blueprints
- Configure and manage a service catalog
- Configure and manage role-based access control
- Request and manage machines using the user portal
- Understand and configure vCloud Automation Center workflows
- Integrate VMware vCenter Orchestrator with vCloud Automation Center
- Automate application provisioning with VMware vCloud Application Director
- Manage and monitor machines and resource reclamation
Thursday, April 10. 2014
Monday, April 7. 2014
VMware has released a new exam to qualify for the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 - Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) Certification. This new exam (exam code VDCA550) is based on vSphere v5.5, where the existing exam (exam code VDCA510) is based on vSphere v5.0/5.1. Passing either of these exams will earn VCAP5-DCA certification if you meet the other pre-requisites.
Wednesday, April 2. 2014
- Introduction to VMware Horizon Workspace: You will learn how Horizon Workspace works and some of its key features that help end users and IT administrators manage personal and corporate data on multiple devices.
- Architecture and Components: You will learn about the components that make up the Horizon Workspace architecture.
- You will learn the key tasks for installing and configuring Horizon Workspace.
- You will learn how to access the Horizon Workspace interfaces and how to work with the Administrator Web interface to manage Horizon Workspace modules, users, groups, catalog of resources, policies, reports, and how to edit administrator settings.
- You will learn how users can sign in from the Horizon Workspace user portal, and install the Horizon Workspace client application on the appropriate devices. In addition, this module teaches how users use the Horizon Workspace features to access and manage their applications and use Horizon Files to manage and share their folders and files.
Thursday, March 13. 2014
- Install and configure vCloud Application Director to use with vCloud Automation Center
- Manage the components in the vCloud Application Director catalog
- Configure application blueprints
- Deploy applications
- Manage deployed applications
Monday, March 10. 2014
- Take the current exam for your existing VCP certification solution track. For example, if you are a VCP3, you could take the current VCP5-Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) exam.
- Earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track. For example, if you are a VCP-Cloud, you could recertify by earning a VCP-Desktop (VCP5-DT) certification.
- Advance to the next level by earning a VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification.
- Will I be told when my certification is going to expire?
Your transcript will show the dates your certification is valid. You will be notified that your certification is due to expire via the email associated with your MyLearn account.
- What happens if I don’t recertify by the required date?
Failure to recertify by the required date will result in revocation of your certification.
Monday, February 3. 2014
- Log Insight v1.5 Overview: This module provides an overview of Log Insight, including use cases and architecture.
- Log Insight v1.5 Installation and Configuration: This module provides information the installation and configuration of Log Insight.
- Log Insight v1.5 Analysis: This module provides information about how to use Log Insight for log analysis.
Wednesday, January 22. 2014
Passing either of these exams will earn VCP5-DCV certification if you have also taken an approved qualifying course.The VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) Exam tests candidates on their skills and abilities installing, configuring and administering a VMware vSphere 5 environment. Successful candidates demonstrate mastery of these skills and abilities.
This exam contains new content on vSphere version 5.5, so please prepare accordingly. The VCP5-DCV Exam consists of 135 questions and a short pre-exam survey consisting of 8 questions. The passing score for this exam is 300, using a scaled scoring method. The scale is from 100-500. Scaled scores are calculated using a mathematical formula that considers a variety of factors, including the number and type of exam questions included in a specific version of the exam.
Monday, January 20. 2014
VMware has released three new certifications. There's no training course requirement for the new exams although VMware offers a free self-paced eLearning course which is recommended to help you prepare for the VCA exams. Earning VMware Certified Associate (VCA) certification demonstrates your foundational understanding of virtualization technology.
VMware Certified Associate - Cloud (VCA-Cloud)
With the VCA-Cloud certification, you’ll have greater credibility when discussing cloud computing, the business challenges the vCloud Suite is designed to address, and how deploying the vCloud solution addresses those challenges. You'll be able to define cloud computing and provide use case scenarios of how vCloud and cloud computing can take advantage of private and public clouds without changing existing applications and leverage a common management, orchestration, networking, and security model.
To become VCA-Cloud certified you must pass the VCA-Cloud exam (exam code: VCAC510). There is no training requirement, however there is a free, self-paced e-learning class that can help you prepare: VMware Cloud Fundamentals
VMware Certified Associate - Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV)
With the VCA-Data Center Virtualization certification, you'll have greater credibility when discussing data center virtualization, the business challenges that vSphere is designed to address, and how virtualizing the data center with vSphere addresses those challenges. You'll be able to define data center virtualization and provide use case scenarios of how vSphere and data center virtualization can provide cost and operational benefits.
There is no training requirement, however there is a free, self-paced e-learning class that can help you prepare: VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals
VMware Certified Associate - Workforce Mobility (VCA-WM)
With the VCA-Workforce Mobility certification, you’ll have greater credibility when discussing workforce mobility and end-user computing, the business challenges that VMware Horizon Suite is designed to address, and how deploying the Horizon solution addresses those challenges. You will be able to define workforce mobility and provide use case scenarios of how Horizon and workforce mobility can deliver freedom, flexibility, and manageability while connecting people to their data, applications, and desktops.
This free, self-paced eLearning course is recommended to help you prepare for the VCA-WM exam, but is not required: VMware Workforce Mobility Fundamentals
VMware Certified Associate - Network Virtualization (VCA-NV)
With the VCA-Network Virtualization certification, you’ll have greater credibility when discussing network virtualization, the business challenges network virtualization is designed to address, and how deploying the VMware network virtualization solution addresses those challenges. You'll be able to define network virtualization and provide use case scenarios of how network virtualization can enhance the cost and operational benefits of virtualization across your network.
After booking the exam, it will be available for two days. The length of the exam is 90/120 minutes. When you take the exam before 31 January, 2014, you will get a discount of 50%. The normal price is 95.00, after discount it's only EUR 57.47 (inclusive VAT). The exam can be taken online from home and you may cancel this exam as long as the exam has not been started, and the delivery period has not expired.
There's a special promotion that expires on 31 January, 2014 - The 50% discount on a VMware Certified Associate (VCA) exam promotion code is: VMRT7A0D9F9B
Wednesday, January 15. 2014
This training course focuses on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware Virtual SAN 5.5. This course looks at how Virtual SAN is used as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center. The course is based on VMware ESXi 5.5 and VMware vCenter Server 5.5.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Define the key components of a software-defined data center
- Identify benefits of software-defined storage solutions
- Compare and contrast disk types and storage technologies
- Explain file, block, and object-oriented storage
- Identify Virtual SAN requirements, use cases, and architecture components.
- Plan and design a Virtual SAN deployment
- Configure Virtual SAN clusters
- Identify benefits of storage policy-based management
- Scale a Virtual SAN deployment based on storage needs
- Monitor Virtual SAN
- Troubleshoot Virtual SAN
- Identify the integration of Virtual SAN with the VMware product portfolio
Register for the first beta delivery here: VMware Virtual SAN: Deploy and Manage
Monday, December 30. 2013
The VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals eLearning course will provide you with a fundamental overview of VMware’s network virtualization products, components and features. It will match business, management, security and operations challenges with their respective VMware solutions. There are three modules in this course.
- Establish the Requirements for Network Virtualization
- Compare and Contrast Virtual and Physical Networking Solutions
- Describe Advanced VMware Network Virtualization Solutions
Sunday, December 22. 2013
- FVP architecture and feature overview
- Design and deployment guidelines
- Setting up Flash clusters (demo)
- Implementing write acceleration with fault tolerance
- Monitoring VM latency, IOPS, throughput and other key performance metrics
Find out more about the real world benefits of PernixData FVP, the first Flash Hypervisor, including lower VM latencies, increased IOPS and improved storage utilization.
Saturday, December 21. 2013
- Install and manage highly-available and recoverable Horizon View environments
- Establish policies and settings for a secure virtualized infrastructure
- Troubleshoot configuration and performance issue in complex Horizon View environments