This hands-on training course explores the use of VMware vCenter Orchestrator 5.5 and VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.1 for the automation of VMware cloud infrastructure and IT processes.
The course focuses on extensibility and advanced administration through the use of vCenter Orchestrator workflows in vCloud Automation Center. Students will gain practical experience through the completion of hands-on labs.
- Describe the features, benefits, components, and integration of vCenter Orchestrator and vCloud Automation Center and the role of vCenter Orchestrator workflows and content elements in automation
- Use the vCenter Orchestrator client to access and navigate the vCenter Orchestrator platform and to import and run library vCenter Orchestrator workflows
- Design, develop, and run custom reusable vCenter Orchestrator workflows
- Use VMware APIs in vCenter Orchestrator workflow scripts
- Integrate vCloud Automation Center with vCenter Orchestrator instances to extend infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) machine lifecycle processes and enhance and deliver custom IT services
- Use the Advanced Service Designer in vCloud Automation Center to integrate vCenter Orchestrator workflows with external systems and build automation solutions
- Export, package, and apply version control to vCloud Orchestrator workflows
- Configure a vCenter Orchestrator environment for server availability using built-in clustering