Using vCloud Connector Advanced edition, you can also extend your private datacenter to a public vCloud and set up a Content Library to distribute and synchronize templates across clouds.
- Datacenter Extension - Enables you to extend your private datacenter to a public vCloud. You can move virtual machines and vApps from your private datacenter to a public vCloud, retain their original network settings, and continue to use them as if they were still in your private datacenter. You use the Datacenter Extension feature through the Stretch Deploy command in vCloud Connector.
- Content Sync - Enables you to synchronize templates across clouds. You can publish a folder or catalog of templates to a Content Library, have users subscribe to it, and keep the templates synchronized for all subscribed users.
- Cross-cloud Search - Enables you to search for a virtual machine, vApp, or template across all the clouds that you have added to your vCloud Connector installation.
- Multi-tenant Node - Enables public vCloud Service Providers or system administrators of private vCloud Director clouds to install one vCloud Connector Node for the cloud. Multiple organizations on the cloud can use that Node.
- Copy and deploy in one operation - Provides the ability to copy and deploy in one step, as well as the option of using the commands separately.
- New User Interface - Includes new Copy and Deploy wizards, new interface for Tasks, Details panel, and new cross-cloud search, among others.