Wednesday, April 23. 2014
Explore the technology in depth with a series of detailed, multi-step quests. Master topics such as accessing the Puppet Enterprise console, writing and using Puppet modules, and delving into Puppet resources, manifests, facts and more.
The Learning VM comes with Puppet Enterprise pre-installed to help you familiarize yourself with its features and capabilities. To evaluate Puppet Enterprise in your existing infrastructure, download it now — and use it for free on up to 10 nodes.
Download the Learning VM
Wednesday, April 16. 2014
It can be run from any Windows based system and it collects and sends the alerts via email (SMTP) to users that are specified during the configuration process.
It allows aggregation of alerts across multiple Horizon View Pods and for near real-time alerting of Horizon View alerts that are otherwise very difficult to be notified on.
Monday, April 14. 2014
The step-by-step instructions will guide you through installation and how to work through the core and deployment scenarios.
This guide is not intended as a substitute for product documentation. You can find more detailed information regarding the installation, configuration, administration, and use of VMware Horizon View in the VMware Horizon View documentation.
Download: VMware Horizon View 5.3 Reviewer's Guide
New VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2014-0004 (Heartbleed)
Thursday, April 10. 2014
- Understand the vCloud Automation Center architecture and use case in today’s multivendor cloud environments
- Install and configure vCloud Automation Center 6.0
- Deploy Distributed Execution Managers and agents for vCloud Automation Center connectivity
- Create endpoints to support compute fabric connectivity
- Manage vCloud Automation Center 6.0 entities on VMware, third-party hardware, and cloud infrastructures
- Configure vCloud Automation Center infrastructure services
- Configure and manage tenants and blueprints
- Configure and manage a service catalog
- Configure and manage role-based access control
- Request and manage machines using the user portal
- Understand and configure vCloud Automation Center workflows
- Integrate VMware vCenter Orchestrator with vCloud Automation Center
- Automate application provisioning with VMware vCloud Application Director
- Manage and monitor machines and resource reclamation
VMware Unleashes Horizon 6 -- Delivering Published Applications and Virtual Desktops on a Single Integrated Platform.
- Published applications and virtual desktops delivered through a single platform offers application and desktop virtualization delivered from a single solution
- A unified workspace for simplified access provides one place for IT administrators to provision and end-users to access applications and desktops through single sign-on.
- Storage optimization using VMware Virtual SAN drives down capital costs to where virtual desktops are near parity with physical desktops and less expensive than physical laptops.
- Closed-loop management and automation offers a holistic view of your entire virtual infrastructure – from data center to device – while also providing cloud-like automation to simplify management.
- Central Image Management offers central image management of physical, virtual and employee-owned PCs from a single integrated solution that includes the latest updates from VMware Mirage.
- Hybrid cloud delivery gives customers the ability to deploy Horizon 6 in a hybrid cloud that balances between private and public cloud infrastructures to best satisfy their needs – all through a single integrated Horizon client that seamlessly connects to virtual applications and desktops.
Wednesday, April 9. 2014
- More hashing algorithms for link aggregation
- More link aggregation groups
- Traffic-filtering support
- Differentiated Service Code Point (DSCP) marking support
- Improved host-level packet-capture tool
- Improved single-root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) support
- 40GB network adapter support
Monday, April 7. 2014
VMware has released a new exam to qualify for the VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 - Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) Certification. This new exam (exam code VDCA550) is based on vSphere v5.5, where the existing exam (exam code VDCA510) is based on vSphere v5.0/5.1. Passing either of these exams will earn VCAP5-DCA certification if you meet the other pre-requisites.
Sunday, April 6. 2014
Friday, April 4. 2014
The Orchestrator REST API provides functionality that allows you to communicate with the Orchestrator server directly through HTTP and perform various workflow-related operations over workflows.
The Orchestrator REST API exposes the objects from the inventories of the Orchestrator server and the installed plug-ins as resources at predefined URLs.
You make HTTP calls at these URLs to trigger operations in Orchestrator. In this way, you can perform various tasks over workflows:
- Run a workflow, schedule a workflow, retrieve the runs of a workflow, answer to a user interaction, and cancel a workflow run.
- Retrieve details about a workflow such as its input and output parameters and its presentation.
- Retrieve details about a workflow run, such as its state, generated logs, start date, and end date. Browse the inventories of Orchestrator and the installed plug-ins.
- Import and export workflows, actions, and packages.