Woensdag, oktober 29. 2014
VMware vSphere PowerCLI contains snapins of cmdlets based on Microsoft PowerShell for automating vSphere and vCloud administration. It provides C# and PowerShell interfaces to VMware vSphere and vCloud APIs. You can download the VMware Management with PowerCLI 5.8 Release 1 Poster here.
Donderdag, maart 13. 2014
VMware vSphere PowerCLI provides a Windows Powershell interface to the VMware vSphere and vCloud and the SRM APIs. VMware vSphere PowerCLI includes numerous cmdlets, sample scripts, and a function library. PowerCLI is a command-line and scripting tool built on Windows PowerShell, and provides more than 400 cmdlets for managing and automating vSphere and vCloud.
This release of vSphere PowerCLI introduces a number of new capabilities and expands on the existing cmdlets introducing cmdlets for vCenter Site Recovery Manager and providing further management of the VMware vSphere and VMware vCloud Director products.
Using the Connect-SRMServer and Disconnect-SRMServer you are now able to connect to vCenter SRM and access all public APIs available, use of the $global:DefaultSrmServers object properties and methods after connection allow for access to recovery group and protection group automation.
Sample Scripts for Managing vCenter Site Recovery Manager with VMware vSphere PowerCLI
- Protect a Virtual Machine - You can protect a virtual machine by replicating it to a remote SRM site.
- Connect-SrmServer - This cmdlet establishes a connection to a vCenter Site Recovery Manager (SRM) server.
- Create a Report of the Virtual Machines Associated with All Protection Groups - You can create a simple report containing information about the virtual machines associated with all protection groups.
- Create a Report of the Protected Virtual Machines - You can create a simple report containing information about the protected virtual machines associated with an SRM server.
Woensdag, oktober 24. 2012
- Learn PowerShell fast using the Interactive Learning Center
- Execute PowerShell quickly and accurately with the powerful interactive console
- Take advantage of the PowerShell remoting features directly from the interactive console
- Access hundreds of pre-loaded scripts in the personal QuickClick™ library
- Download thousands of community scripts from PowerShell.com, TechNet and PoshCode – directly from the PowerShell Plus console and editor
- Debug PowerShell 10x faster with the advanced script editor and easily share your scripts with the PowerShell community
- The PowerShell Plus Console allows you to work interactively with PowerShell from a feature-rich Windows UI. This integration makes working with PowerShell faster and easier to use than ever before.
- The advanced debugger and script editor lets you build and test complex PowerShell scripts, try one line PowerShell commands from an embedded console window, and sign your script with a security certificate … all from a single workspace.
- The Comprehensive Learning Center helps you experience PowerShell by example. Short tutorials guide you through basic concepts at your own pace. The Comprehensive Learning Center also includes dynamically created help topics from currently installed PowerShell CmdLets, Snap-Ins, and WMI objects.