1.Attend a qualifying VMware authorized course.Already a VCP4? There is no course requirement until February 29, 2012.
2.Gain hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 5.
3.Pass the VCP5 Exam.
VCP5 Exam Blueprint
At the 25th and 26th of August I'll deliver the vSphere 5 What's New training GK Nieuwegein - http://www.globalknowledge.nl/cursussen/vmware/virtualisation/vmwn.html
Ik geef een Nederlandstalige vSphere 5 ICM training bij Global Knowledge in Nieuwegein van 19 sep t/m 23 sep http://bit.ly/qZHkku
VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.0]
This hands-on training course explores new features in VMware vCenter™ Server 5.0 and VMware® ESXi™ 5.0. Topics include VMware vSphere® 5 installation and how to upgrade from vSphere 4.x to vSphere 5.0. vSphere 5.0 is the first version of vSphere to include only the ESXi hypervisor.
- List and describe key enhancements in vSphere 5.0
- Upgrade a deployment from vSphere 4.x to vSphere 5.0
- Use Image Builder to modify and export an image profile as part of Auto Deploy
- Use Auto Deploy to Install a stateless ESXi host
- Manage a version 8 virtual machine with the next-generation Web-based VMware vSphere Client
- List and describe key networking enhancements, including the ESXi firewall and new features in vNetwork distributed switches
- Upgrade and manage a VMware vSphere VMFS5 datastore
- Understand and configure policy-driven storage management
- Create a datastore cluster and configure Storage DRS
- Configure a VMware High Availability cluster based on the new Fault Domain Manager agents
- Use the Linux-based VMware vCenter Server Appliance
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]
This hands-on training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter™ Server. The course is based on ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0. Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware® Certified Professional 5 exam.
- Install and configure ESXi
- Install and configure vCenter Server components
- Configure and manage ESXi networking and storage using vCenter Server
- Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
- Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
- Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage
- Use vCenter Server to increase scalability
- Use VMware vCenter Update Manager to apply ESXi patches
- Use vCenter Server to manage higher availability and data protection