VMware's new vCloud Director 1.5 training course has recently been released! This intensive four-day, instructor-led course demonstrates to technical personnel how to deploy VMware vCloud for a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment and manage the ongoing operation of the deployment. The course focuses on the private and public vCloud solutions but also includes information on how this approach supports a hybrid solution.
- Deploy vCloud Director
- Manage vCloud Director to satisfy private, public, and hybrid cloud business needs
- Configure VMware vSphere® storage to enable multiple tiers in provider virtual datacenters
- Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and vApps to satisfy business needs
- Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs
- Configure networking for organizations and vApps
- Connect organizations with VPN tunnels and static routes
- Interface vCloud Director to OpenLDAP and Microsoft Active Directory servers
- Configure network security between vCloud Director vApps and organizations with VMware vShield Edge™ firewalls
- Use VMware vCenter Chargeback™ to meter vCloud Director resources
- Understand the interactions between VMware vSphere Distributed Resources Scheduler clusters and vCloud Director.
An extra edition of this training course will be delivered (in Dutch) by VMware Certified Instructor Eric Sloof at the 13th of August till the 16th of August, please ping me for more information.
More information about the course can be found here: VMware vCloud: Deploy and Manage the VMware Cloud [V1.5]