VMware has released a new training course. This three days of instructor-led training course is designed to guide students through the decision points and policy choices available for designing and implementing a VMware vCloud environment. Students will learn to appreciate the effects of design choices in VMware vSphere, VMware vCloud Director, VMware vCenter Chargeback, and the VMware vShield Edge capability that is included with vCloud Director. The course culminates in a comprehensive workshop on VMware cloud design. By the end of the course, you should have an understanding of the VMware cloud and be able to do the following:
- Evaluate and design a multitenant environment to address both private cloud and public cloud customer needs.
- Configure vCloud providers that can accommodate heterogeneous server, storage, and network resources.
- Design a network infrastructure optimized for vCloud.
- Integrate vCloud Director security with existing LDAP systems and design appropriate security hierarchies with security roles.
- Design a vCenter Chargeback implementation.